Senior Software Engineer, Web
Grio is looking to hire a talented web developer to join our team of software developers in Mexico City. Our office is located in a WeWork Reforma 26 building in the Juárez neighborhood of CDMX. It's a beautiful office, centrally located in Mexico City, and several blocks from the nearest metro stops.
As a software developer at Grio you’ll be focused on creating web applications using technologies such as Elixir, Rails, Node, React, Angular, HTML5, CSS3 and others.
Grio looks for our engineers to be both very creative, personable, and highly technical. You will be asked to tackle various coding obstacles and make smart decisions, including weighing the pros and cons of different approaches. A typical project lasts 2-4 months, and there will be plenty of opportunity to move around, intermingle on various project/product teams and hone your skills.
Grio does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Grio is an equal opportunity employer.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 4 or more years of professional experience
- Working proficiency with the English language.
- A desire to collaborate closely with others and a hunger to learn
- Fundamental understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of server-side language/frameworks (Elixir, Rails, Node)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS3, AJAX (SASS, LESS, Responsive design, jQuery)
- SQL Proficiency
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development a plus
- Experience with Test-driven development also a plus
- Experience working with clients also a plus
- Experience with product decisions also a plus
We are open to both individual contracting and full time employment opportunities for the right candidate, but we would prefer if you could work in our office at least part of the time. You won't regret it - it's a positive, fun environment with plenty of humor.