Apprentice Product / Project Manager
Grio is offering the exciting opportunity to be an Apprentice Product / Project Manager. An apprentice is a person who has some background in the technology industry and wants to expand their project and product management skills. Our apprentice program is a 3-6 month (paid) position where you will be mentored by a senior Grio product manager while working on both internal and client projects. You will receive frequent feedback and support from others at Grio. At the end of the program you will have the skills to become a full-time PM.
The apprenticeship is a full-time (hourly, 40 hours per week) contract to hire position.
- Strong communication skills in person as well as over the internet (email, chat, voice)
- An understanding of the software development process
- Excellent skills in managing, organizing, and prioritizing across multiple tasks
Helpful skills (nice to have)
- 1 - 2 years experience working for a software / technology company
- Any software development skills or technical QA skills
- Any management or client services background or similar relevant experience
- Have used a software project management system such as Jira or Pivotal Tracker
- Have participated in an Agile team
To apply, please respond to this ad with a brief note about why you would be a good fit for this job, along with your resume. Recent college grads or those interested in making a career change are encouraged to apply.
Grio is a premier consulting agency comprised of top-notch software developers, designers, and project managers. We've been around for over 10 years and we're all about quality software, doing the right thing for our clients, and maintaining a quirky, tight community that knows how to have fun. We work on both web and mobile software projects.
The Grio office is conveniently located near SF Union Square, we’re in close proximity to dining and entertainment, and a hub for Bay Area public transportation. Many of our staff who live in SF bike commute.
Grio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.