Mobile Developer (iOS/Android)
Grio is looking to hire a talented Mobile Developer (iOS and/or Android) to join our small team of software developers in Mexico City. Our office is located in a WeWork Reforma 26 building in the Juárez neighborhood of CDMX. It's a beautiful office, centrally located in Mexico City, and several blocks from the nearest metro stops.
Candidates should be interested in leading projects, mentoring, solving complex problems, and interacting with colleagues and clients. Tasks will involve start-to-end application development covering user interface, design, implementation, and testing. You should have a very firm grounding in iOS and/or Android development and modern software development practices. You should be a person who takes pride in cleanly written code, as well as someone who can learn quickly and appreciates variety.
It's a very rewarding job, requiring you to make smart decisions and to weigh the pros and cons of various approaches. You'll be challenged creatively and technically. A typical project lasts 2-4 months, and there will be plenty of opportunity to move around, intermingle on various project/product teams and hone your career skills.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Working proficiency with the English language
- Experience writing clean, maintainable and standards compliant code
- Experience or understanding of unit and integration testing
- Able to work effectively in an agile/scrum environment
- Able to work well on a small team (2-8 people, depending on project) as well as comfortable being independent and self-starting/self-managing if necessary
- 3+ years experience (ideally at least 2+ in Android development)
- Understanding of Android SDKs and industry standard third-party libraries (including Google SDKs)
- Experience building high-quality Android apps that follow the standards for look/feel as well as software architecture.
- Experience supporting older android versions (typically API 16+, though API 19+ is becoming more common)
- Familiarity with software architecture and design patterns and frameworks that are used to aid in their implementation (ex. Dependency Injection w/ Dagger, Reactive programming with RxJava/RxAndroid)
- 3+ years experience (ideally at least 2+ in iOS development)
- Proven working experience in iOS development and have published one or more iOS apps in the app store
- Deep familiarity with Objective-C or Swift (Cocoa Touch is a plus)
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Networking etc. and Cocoa Pods
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
We do a lot of knowledge sharing so this would be a good opportunity to learn and to teach. Since we work in so many areas, we prefer developers who enjoy solving a variety of problems.
Grio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applies this policy to all applicants and employees. Join us!