Software Engineer, Web
As a software developer at Grio you’ll be focused on creating web applications using a variety of technologies.
Grio looks for our engineers to be both very creative and highly technical. You will be asked to tackle various coding obstacles and make smart decisions, including weighing the pros and cons of different approaches. A typical project lasts 2-4 months, and there will be plenty of opportunity to move around, intermingle on various project/product teams and hone your skills.
You should have the ability to conceptualize, design and build product features. Successful candidates keep up-to-date with best practices and have a familiarity with leading-edge industry developments.
A successful candidate will have work experience building web front-ends, apis or both.
Our very best engineers are great communicators with the mental agility to both discuss the big picture and dive into the smallest details.
- 1-4 or more years of experience building web applications
- Experience building front-end web user interfaces and/or backend apis
- Bachelor's Degree in CS/ Engineering or equivalent experience in the field
- Experience writing clean, maintainable and standards compliant code
- Fundamental understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of server-side languages such Ruby, Python, Java, Elixir.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS3, SASS, Webpack, Responsive design
- Experience with Graphql
- Experience with modern client side frameworks (React, Angular)
- SQL Proficiency
- Experience with Test-driven development
- Experience working with clients in an agency environment
- Experience with making product decisions
We are open to both individual contracting and full time employment opportunities for the right candidate. Most of our developers work in the office but we are open to outstanding remote candidates. You won't regret it - it's a positive, fun environment with plenty of humor.
Our office is conveniently located near SF Union Square, close proximity to restaurants, eateries, and bistros, and a hub for bay area public transportation. Snacks, coffee and sundries always available in the Grio kitchen. Many of our staff who live in SF bike commute.
We offer a competitive benefits package and the option to work remotely some of the time.
Compensation includes profit sharing bonuses paid twice per year, an unusually nice 401k match, paid health/dental/LTD insurance and Grio pays 50% coverage for spouse and dependents, and a type B boss.