Product / Project Manager
At Grio, the PM is a key member of every project team - combining areas of product management and project management to help our clients and teams to success. As a product / project manager for Grio, you’ll be responsible for:
- Helping clients develop and maintain a product backlog, using your product management experience to collaborate with the client and help them turn their product ideas into workable requirements and user stories
- Working with a cross functional team of clients, designers, and developers to create a product from ideas to delivery.
- Advising clients on best practices for web and app development.
- Mentoring clients and other team members on Agile software development best practices.
- Planning sprints, running scrum meetings, and keeping the day to day of a project on track
- Ensuring smooth client communication - you are Grio’s main touchpoint with clients
- Addressing or escalating client concerns, monitoring the project health to address concerns before the client raises them
- Strong software product and project management experience, in an environment where you were responsible for multiple concurrent projects. Familiarity with best practices in modern web and mobile design and development.
- Excellent communication skills. You will need to be comfortable talking tech with developers, reviewing and offering feedback on designs with designers and clients, gathering product requirements from clients, handling customer feedback and distributing it back to the team.
- Excellent skills in multi tasking, organizing, and prioritizing.
Nice to have
- Experience in a client facing role, especially previous consulting / agency experience.
- Experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or similar role (certification not required). Familiarity with Scrum & Agile development practices.
- Experience in a role that required some technical skills (coding, SQL etc) - you know enough to be dangerous.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
Our office is conveniently located near SF Union Square, close proximity to restaurants, eateries, and bistros, and a hub for Bay Area public transportation. Snacks, coffee and sundries always available in the Grio kitchen. Many of our staff who live in SF bike commute.
We offer a competitive benefits package and the option to work remotely some of the time.
Compensation includes profit sharing bonuses paid twice per year, an unusually nice 401k match, paid health/dental/LTD insurance and Grio pays 50% coverage for spouse and dependents, along with a competitive vacation policy.